Come Join Intermedia’s Cloud Academy Summer Internship Program
Are you looking for a summer internship with a company where you can genuinely learn and grow? Where you can DO MEANINGFUL WORK and GAIN THE REAL-WORLD SKILLS that can help you START YOUR CAREER? At Intermedia, we believe in a CULTURE OF GROWTH, MENTORSHIP AND COLLABORATION within our Cloud Academy Internship Program and strive to bring on the best and brightest talent from a variety of colleges, universities and educational programs. The Cloud Academy Program is also a great way to transition into full-time roles within the organization.
We are currently seeking students for our 2021 Cloud Academy Internship Program in a variety of roles such as, Development and Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Product and Finance. 30% of our interns are hired into full-time positions with Intermedia. If you are a graduating student, this is a fantastic opportunity to find your path forward!
From day one, you will be working alongside other talented interns, you’ll partner with peers and work closely with leaders as you grow in your role. You’ll have the opportunity to dive deep into a variety of different projects and gain exposure to the innerworkings of the business. We also offer robust sessions with cross functional leaders, HR and Marketing designed to help you grow your personal branding, create an elevator pitch and even design your resume. Our interns get to know all levels within Intermedia and even interact with our down to earth and supportive senior leadership team!
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
What you will be doing:
As a BI Reporting intern at Intermedia, Inc., you have an exciting opportunity to use data analysis and data warehousing skills to serve in a business intelligence capacity to various departments within the organization. If you like developing highly sustainable BI solutions, using your analytical and communication skills in a cross-functional team collaborative environment then we want to hear from you! Here is what you can expect in the role:
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and systems owners to define requirements and communicate effectively with business users to explain options to meet their reporting and informational insight requirements in timely manner.
- Perform end-to-end task for report development including understanding requirements, transformation or acquisition of data, report creation, and the documentation of processes.
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business use cases to provide accurate reporting solutions.
- Write complex TSQL queries, stored procedures and views in Microsoft SQL Server to support Data Warehouse and reporting needs.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Microsoft Power BI and create ad-hoc report in Microsoft Excel.
- Research, review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing reports and develop strategies for enhancing reporting capabilities.
- Conduct data quality investigations and analyses, identifying data quality issues, diagnosing root causes, and making recommendations to management.
- Prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously while adapting to change and managing multiple processes to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Assist senior analysts in verifying correctness and completeness of the data model, data relationships, mappings and definitions for the functional business area.
- Maintain and deploy source code and reports through Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Track and update issues using JIRA.
What you will bring to the role:
- Currently enrolled in a program leading to a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Data Science or a related field, with a degree expected in 2021 or 2022
- Experience with Relational Databases, Microsoft BI and Microsoft Excel a plus
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of relational and dimensional database concepts and its best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Attention to detail; careful and thoughtful analysis of the data in order to derive correct conclusions.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.