Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About The Role:
You will join a dynamic and supportive System Administration team that pursues operational excellence through day to day management and maintenance of a globally distributed heterogeneous production environment hosting our AnyMeeting web conferencing platform. If you are looking for a fast paced challenging environment and have a desire to further develop your skills in the area of Windows, Linux, AWS, virtualization, automation and scripting, configuration management, real time communications and other cutting edge technologies then look no further.
What you will be doing:
- Responding to and mitigating real time alerts for potential service impacting issues
- Help maintain our 99.999% availability by identifying trends in the environment which indicate increasing resource demands on systems and services that could cause performance degradation
- Assist with the troubleshooting, remediation and root cause analysis for global incidents affecting production systems/services
- Act as an escalation resource for our support team to assist with diagnosing customer impacting issues
- Conduct system performance evaluation to ensure capacity scale in the environment using performance trending tools like Grafana and other in house tools
- Contribute to developing automation strategies to improve efficiency and scale for the production operations team
- Close collaboration with DevOps and Engineering to support release activities and infrastructure projects
What you bring to the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- 3+ years Systems Administration experience with Windows and Linux, preferably a globally distributed hosted Software as a Service environment
- Relentless curiosity to understand the root cause of technical issues and identify remediation steps to prevent recurrences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Deep understanding of IP, TCP, UDP and SSL/TLS protocols
- Experience with automation technologies such as Ansible and Terraform
- Ability to document detailed solutions and configurations for Operations
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiency for the team through automation
- Exercises creativity and resourcefulness in solving technical problems in a way that maximizes client value
- Experience deploying and maintaining systems and services hosted in AWS
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Experience in Microsoft SQL including Clustering and High Availability
- Experience with various server platforms such as Windows 2012 R2/2016/2019 and Debian
- Experience with Virtualization platforms such as VMWare or HyperV
- Understanding of WebRTC and Real Time Communications
- ITIL Foundation Knowledge
- Experience with administering AWS or Azure tenants
- Experience with metrics systems such as Grafana/Graphite or Zabbix
- AWS certification desired
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.