Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the role:
Intermedia has a wide portfolio of internally developed application software, ranging from web and desktop apps to lower level PBX solutions. Due to the growing demand for integrating security activities into diverse development processes, Intermedia is looking for an experienced and self-motivated application security engineer to help us deliver security built-in products.
What you will be doing:
- Perform design and architecture review of new features, suggest security requirements
- Utilize static security scanning tools, review findings and coordinate remediation actions
- Perform ongoing manual security assessments
- Review the results of external penetration tests and communicate suggested fixes to development teams
- Provide on-demand support on application security topics
- Drive process improvement ideas
What you will bring to the role:
- 2+ years of experience in application security field
- Knowledge of secure coding best practices and industry standards (such as OWASP) and ability to apply them to different programming languages
- Familiarity with SDLC and DevSecOps concepts (e.g. OpenSAMM and BSIMM frameworks) and hands-on experience in implementing them
- Experience in using static and dynamic security scanning tools (such as Burp, ZAP, SonarQube, Checkmarx, MobSF and others)
- Ability to explain application security threats and mitigation options to both developers and project managers
- Good communication skills in written and verbal English
- Experience in securing applications within cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Participation in CTF challenges and bug-bounty programs
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.