Intermedia expands its cloud services expertise and introduces an enterprise-grade Cloud Server infrastructure designed specifically around SMB business needs
Intermedia, a global leader in cloud services for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and the largest Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, today announced the launch of Cloud Server, available direct from Intermedia, through its premium channel program, as well as its Cloud Server launch distribution partner, Ingram Micro.
With Cloud Server, an integrated suite of cloud services using technology from Intermedia and its partners, users receive an enterprise-grade cloud solution with a worry-free experience. This gives the channel full control over the cloud environment, and allows SMBs to stay focused on their core business. As part of Cloud Server, Intermedia will offer the same level of expertise, complementary white-glove migration and premium 24/7/365 support that it currently provides to its Hosted Exchange partners and direct customers – which includes an industry-leading 500,000 Exchange mailboxes. It’s also meeting key SMB needs by including VPN, firewall, and 99.999 percent SLA standard with every Cloud Server. With its value-driven pricing and ease-of-use, Cloud Server rises above other solutions, making it the premier cloud application infrastructure available today.
“Intermedia is addressing the needs of small and medium-sized businesses by delivering enterprise-grade cloud services at affordable price points,” says Renee Bergeron, VP of Managed Services and Cloud Computing, Ingram Micro North America. “As one of the leading cloud service providers within the IT channel and our growing Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace, Intermedia offers channel partners a high-performance, high-availability white label solution.”
Intermedia’s Cloud Server offers important benefits that most SMBs don’t have today with their on-premise servers, including:
- Simple or with full control, your choice. Cloud Server provides simplified management tools for users who seek less complexity, while also meeting the needs of users requiring greater control, enabling command line access to virtual machines, customizable firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and more.
- Performance and security, unavailable with on-premise servers. As a high-availability solution, Cloud Server provides a secure environment and level of redundancy, backup and security that most SMBs do not have today. Network security includes fully isolated tenant networks for every customer and integrated perimeter firewalls using VMware vShield Edge. Site-to-site VPN services come standard to securely enable hybrid cloud scenarios. In addition, with a 99.999 percent SLA, Cloud Server delivers availability and data protection that far exceeds the reasonable capacity of on-premise servers.
- Configurable architecture, to suit the customer’s specific needs. Each configuration can be customized with add-ons like memory, processing and storage resources to build a cloud environment that’s suited for a customer’s specific needs.
- Dynamically scalable servers, to provision and scale servers in minutes. Users can add memory, storage or vCPUs directly from their control panel, without requiring redeployment. New virtual machines can be provisioned within minutes.
- Fixed monthly pricing, for predictable costs. Cloud Server avoids metered billing, which creates unpredictable costs. With fixed monthly pricing, partners and customers also simplify ROI and cost-of-ownership calculations.
Intermedia’s partners are core to its business, and Cloud Server reinforces the commitment to the partner program. With Cloud Server, Intermedia gives its partners full control over its branding, cloud environments, and business activities using its proprietary HostPilot™ Control Panel. The company also offers fixed pricing to help partners better manage customer expectations and budgets. Four initial Cloud Server configurations are offered, each customizable, and available as part of Intermedia’s Office in the Cloud™ suite of plans.
ServNet Technologies, an Intermedia channel partner since 2010, deployed Cloud Servers to support Cipriani & Werner, PC, a full-service law firm with seven locations in the PA/NJ area, and after the success, Cloud Server is an essential part of ServNet’s portfolio.
“Cloud Server allows us to affordably deliver a fully configurable, scalable enterprise level solution to our small and medium-sized business clients,” says Jim Gatto, CEO, ServNet Technologies. “Intermedia’s support, migration services and willingness to work with our staff to ensure the best design and facilitate a seamless integration guarantees we can deliver the best solution to our clients. At the end of the day, delivering Intermedia’s Cloud Server as a solution is a genuine value proposition for our customers, who are now beginning to run their business applications on our cloud rather than on premises.”
“In today’s business environment, just about every SMB uses business applications – from accounting to human resources to payroll,” says Michael Gold, president, Intermedia. “Without a secure, cost-effective, integrated platform, these applications are not able to reach their full potential, because the company becomes distracted by the technology instead of focused on driving business growth. Cloud Server alleviates the IT worry for SMBs by providing superior performance, availability and data protection, predictable costs, familiar technologies and full control over the cloud environment.”
Guaranteeing availability and preferred routing, Cloud Server is hosted on Intermedia’s high availability infrastructure in top tier datacenters (SSAE16 SOC 1 Type II compliant, Tier III datacenter with redundant electrical and cooling infrastructure, verified levels of physical security, and redundant power supplies).
As most SMBs have limited IT resources, Intermedia works to help them take a strategic approach to maximize the cloud’s value for their businesses, providing a highly efficient and cost effective way to access the same level of technologies and services used by Fortune-50-level enterprises.
Intermedia is the premier provider of cloud services to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Its integrated suite enables SMBs to communicate, collaborate and handle content using a secure, business grade infrastructure. These highly reliable services are backed by a 24x7 support, 99.999% financially backed SLA, and a Cloud Concierge™ custom migration service. Intermedia is the world’s largest hosted Exchange provider with over 500,000 mailboxes under management. The company’s Office in the Cloud™ suite combines Intermedia’s proprietary offerings for complete mobility, backup, security, voice and more with Microsoft tools such as Exchange 2010, Lync and SharePoint. All services are delivered from Intermedia’s secure datacenters and managed from the company’s proprietary HostPilot® Control Panel – providing customers a single point of control. Intermedia also empowers thousands of partners – including managed service providers, VARs and many leading Telcos – to sell cloud services under their own brand. Founded in 1995, Intermedia was the first to offer hosted Microsoft Exchange services. For more information, visit www.intermedia.net.
Contact: Cynthia Greenberg, 646-225-9473, email@example.com