New Unified Communications and Collaboration platform is simple for partners to install and for SMBs to embrace
Mountain View, CA – February 7, 2018 – Intermedia, a leading cloud communications and collaboration provider, today announced the availability of Intermedia Unite™ – an easy-to-use Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) platform designed for small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) and the partners that serve them. The new platform delivers a next-generation phone system, plus integrated screen sharing, video collaboration, and backup and file sharing – all backed by Intermedia’s J.D. Power-certified 24/7 support experts and a 99.999% uptime service level agreement.
Vast expertise in the large and fast-growing UCaaS market
With over 20 years of delivering voice solutions, Intermedia is well-positioned to expand its UCaaS market leadership.
Michael Gold, CEO of Intermedia, explained: “Voice and UCaaS are the fastest growing areas of our company, now accounting for nearly half of our total new business. Through our recent AnyMeeting acquisition, we’ve joined video collaboration and screen sharing with our leading Cloud PBX and workplace collaboration offerings in one extremely secure, reliable, and robust product. The result is Intermedia Unite, a truly integrated, highly mobile UCaaS platform that enables businesses to realize greater productivity and collaboration while being even easier for partners to sell, set up, manage, and support.”
Industry analysts agree that the high-growth UCaaS market represents a tremendous opportunity for Intermedia Unite. “We expect the North American Hosted Internet Protocol (IP) Telephony and UCaaS market to experience double-digit growth, expanding from $3.75 billion in 2016 to $14.83 billion in 20231,” said Elka Popova, VP of Digital Transformation at Frost & Sullivan. “The market is relatively untapped and can support a large number of providers, each with its own diverse background and skill set. Intermedia is positioned for long-term success within this space, as it builds upon an already successful voice business, a partner-friendly model, and a cloud leadership position, combined with a strong focus on enabling SMBs’ digital transformation.”
New intuitive partner tools shorten sales cycle
As with all Intermedia services, Unite is backed by Intermedia’s 360° approach to partner success. New intuitive partner tools further reinforce this commitment:
- New partner quoting system. Simply choose Intermedia service quantities and prices, then add other partner services or fees to create a single quote – Intermedia even calculates the taxes
- Self-service ordering. Conveniently order additional services or devices straight from Intermedia’s portal, shopping cart style, in just a few clicks
- New web portal. Easily make real-time system or endpoint changes, including enabling or disabling features system-wide, by group, or by individual user
These enhancements are designed to result in fewer support calls and administrative hours, and ultimately, a shortened sales cycle.
“We believe that partners are the conduit to the SMB,” said Mark Sher, VP of Unified Communications Product and Marketing at Intermedia. “We built Intermedia Unite with an eye toward making it the easiest UCaaS solution for partners to sell, provision, install, and support. Their clients will be able to hit the ground running, with the integrated tools they need to be more effective with their customers, be more collaborative, and ultimately be more productive. In turn, partners will be able to take advantage of the high-growth UCaaS market, delivering high-quality, dependable products generating strong new revenue streams.”
Clayton Oswald, Intermedia partner and President of Northwest Cloud Consulting, explained: "I’ve already had great success with Intermedia’s Cloud PBX services, and I find them more profitable to sell because of how easy Intermedia is to work with. Consider the support cost savings, for example; Intermedia removes time-intensive roadblocks like complicated taxation and billing. The Partner Concierge Desk is there to help whenever I need them, and their VoIP Scout network testing tool saves me a huge amount of time making sure that my clients have a successful and reliable experience from the get-go. The fact that Unite comes paired with Intermedia’s unsurpassed reliability and J.D. Power-certified support is a game-changer for my business."
Key benefits of the Intermedia Unite platform:
- 90+ enterprise-grade calling features all included. These include call flip (one-touch transfer to mobile or office phone), call park, call transfer, Do Not Disturb functionality to send all calls directly to voicemail, call recording2, voicemail transcription, 3-way calling, auto attendant, hunt groups, and many, many more
- Collaborate with Intermedia AnyMeeting®. This integrated High Definition (HD) video conferencing and screen sharing solution delivers increased collaboration, including the option for each user to have their own personal URL to join a meeting
- Take the office phone anywhere with the Unite Mobile App. Makes any mobile device a business communication tool with visual voicemail, contacts, call history and more
- Managing calls is easy with the Unite Desktop App. Acts like a remote control for the associated desk phone, including click-to-call functionality and the ability to launch AnyMeeting with just one click
- Workplace collaboration with Intermedia SecuriSync®. Get easy and secure file sync and share with automatic, real-time backup for desktops, mobile devices and the web, with intuitive point-in-time file recovery
- Better administrative tools. One easy-to-use interface, Intermedia’s HostPilot® control panel makes it simple to create and manage users, adjust system settings, order hardware and services, run call reports, and more
For more details and benefits, visit intermedia.net/unite.
Intermedia is a Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) and business cloud email provider hyper-focused on delivering easy-to-use and secure communication and collaboration solutions to SMBs and the partners that serve them. More than 110,000 business customers and 6,500 active partners rely on Intermedia for greater reliability and productivity. Intermedia’s broad yet tightly integrated suite of cloud applications is managed through one intuitive point of control and is backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement (SLA). Offerings include cloud voice, web/video/content sharing and conferencing, chat, presence, file backup, sync and share, business email, identity and access management, security, archiving, and more.
Intermedia’s 360° approach to partner success makes it easy for channel partners to sell, set up, manage, and support the cloud while achieving strong margins and creating attractive new revenue streams through both branded and private label programs.
Intermedia is the only business cloud application provider to have twice been certified by J.D. Power for its superior 24/7 technical support in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit Intermedia.net or connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
LEWIS for Intermedia
Intermedia Unite, SecuriSync, VoIP Scout, AnyMeeting and HostPilot are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Intermedia.net, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. J.D. Power 2017 Certified Assisted Technical Program, developed in conjunction with TSIA. Based on successful completion of an audit and exceeding a customer satisfaction benchmark for assisted support operations. For more information, visit www.jdpower.com or www.tsia.com.
1. Market volume numbers include telephony (DID, PSTN access plus local and long-distance minutes) and Unified Communications as a Service. From Frost & Sullivan’s North American Hosted IP Telephony and UCaaS Market, Forecast to 2023 from September 2017.
2. The customer is responsible for ensuring that all call recordings comply with any applicable federal or state law (including consent requirements). Device dependent.