Intermedia recently announced that its hosted PBX is now available as a standalone service in response to market demand.
Intermedia, the world’s largest Microsoft Exchange hosting provider, recently announced that its hosted PBX is now available as a standalone service in response to market demand. Previously, the service was only available as an integrated option of Intermedia’s hosted Exchange. Hosted PBX is VoIP-based and provides users with the cost savings of unlimited domestic calling as well as business features like a customizable main number greeting, routing for incoming calls and extension dialing.
As a hosted PBX provider, Intermedia offers the cloud-based, business phone solution complete with many features including:
- Voice menu that greets callers and routes incoming calls
- Hunt groups to route calls across sales, customer service or other teams – assuring important calls are always answered quickly
- Flat-rate, per-user monthly charges with unlimited calling in the US and Canada
- Quick in-office dialing with extension dialing
- Find me/follow me so employees can set up another phone number – such as a mobile phone or home office phone – that rings when their primary phone isn’t answered
- Voicemails delivered to an email inbox (voicemail-to-email) as a .wav attachment, making it easy to store or forward to anyone with an email address
- Music on hold so callers can listen to music or a greeting while they are waiting for Voice Menu calls to be answered
Hosted PBX, like all Intermedia services, is managed from the company’s proprietary HostPilot® Control Panel, providing customers a single point of communications control.
“We made hosted PBX available as a standalone product in response to feedback from the market and our partners,” says Jonathan McCormick, COO, Intermedia. “Small and medium-size businesses are looking for high quality voice solutions from trusted providers that won’t break the bank – but gives them all the features and benefits larger enterprise businesses enjoy.”
Every Intermedia hosted PBX account also comes with end user features including a direct phone number, unique extension, E911 Service, caller ID, call waiting, call transfer, call forwarding and 3-way calling.
The VoIP service is provided to Intermedia customers exclusively by its VoIP partner, Unison Communications, Inc. To learn more about Intermedia’s hosted PBX service go to http://www.intermedia.net/visitor/standalone-hosted-pbx.aspx.