Old phone models out… new phone models in!
If you are an avid reader of these posts, you’ve probably noticed that we’ve made major strides over the last few months with our flagship UCaaS product, Intermedia Unite. These include improvements at every level of the product:
- Users received drastically improved mobile and desktop apps – including new softphone functionality, team chat and messaging, UI improvements and more.
- Administrators have new tools at their disposal like our Provisioning Wizard and Mass User importing feature to make onboarding easier than ever.
- Partners are making great use of our new “How-to” webinar series for partners, and enjoying the sweeping changes we’ve made to our partner training and certification platform, Intermedia University.
Hardware improvements coming on December 4!
Over the last several months, Intermedia has been working closely with Polycom and Yealink vetting a selection of IP desk phones that continue to deliver on this ongoing quality commitment to our users. After hundreds of hours of lab-testing, we settled on several new phone models that made the grade.
The new VVX x50 series of IP desk phones from Polycom will continue to do an amazing job of maintaining industry-leading quality while improving price performance and cost-effectiveness over previous models. All of the new VVX x50 phones include:
- Modern, color LCD displays
- Gigabit Ethernet
- USB support
- … And new sleek styling that makes them look great on the desk.
Yealink took a slightly different approach with their newest lineup of T4S series phones. Rather than making changes to the outside of the new devices, they stuck to internal improvements:
- Enhanced speaker performance
- Hearing aid compatible handsets
- Processor and memory enhancements – leading to a faster, more responsive user interface
As part of this endeavor, we are also discontinuing many of the legacy phone models that you’ve likely become familiar with over the last few years. This will also occur on December 4th so that we can make it as easy as possible for our customers to plan around.
Datasheets for all of our new phones, a comparison guide, and more can be found on our website.