News and announcements, Security, Security and Compliance
New Intermedia Email Protection platform delivers multi-layer security
It’s been a very busy time recently, but I’m happy to say that we have moved nearly 500,000 McAfee users onto our new email security platform – Intermedia Email Protection. Now, these users enjoy not only better email protection, but complete mailbox integration and outstanding reliability and support.
We originally chose McAfee’s security solution (previously known as MX Logic) because of the company’s strong reputation in the email security business. And after Intel bought McAfee, the overall perception was that Intel would continue investing in and supporting the solution. That turned out not to be the case. Intel Security abruptly shut down the McAfee SaaS security business to focus on enterprise, and we found ourselves having to make a difficult decision: enhance our existing email security platform or find a channel-friendly alternative with high levels of reliability and support. We chose to invest.
Here’s how our CEO Mike Gold describes the outcome:
“Leveraging 13 years of experience in the email security business, we invested heavily in our R&D team and third-party technologies. Now I am thrilled to say that we have enhanced our broader suite with an excellent, enterprise-grade cloud-based email security solution for SMBs that combines multiple industry-leading email security engines and antivirus solutions into one easy-to-manage and flexible platform. In addition, this high level of integration gives partners greater levels of control and protection over their core services offering, while letting them sell Intermedia Email Protection under their own brand.”
Three engines are better than one
Most email security solutions are separate from your email service. We solved that issue with a tightly integrated platform that provides a one-point email security solution with multi-engine protection. By bridging this gap, we are able to give our users protection that’s above and beyond what a single engine service can offer. And the solution is 100% cloud-based for easy management.
Key new features include:
- Multi-layer security – Combines multiple industry-leading email scanning engines with multiple tier-1 antivirus solutions, fronted by a comprehensive set of commercial black lists
- No more spam – Rely on a detection rate of more than 99 percent and near-zero false positives to filter out spam, phishing and known and emerging malware
- Anti-phishing protection against malicious links – Intermedia LinkSafe™ provides sophisticated point-of-click protection against targeted attacks, preventing users from accessing known phishing sites
- Easy-to-manage and flexible – Tightly integrated with the Intermedia mailbox, Intermedia Email Protection is easy-to-manage with high levels of flexibility, including immediate delivery of spam to the Junk Email folder or through user and administrative quarantine
- Comprehensive dashboards – Data-rich insights for administrators and security staff within the Security HQ interface, which aggregates information to drill down into email volume, spam, phishing, and marketing message statistics, and more (expected to be available in June 2017)
By combining multiple protection engines, we achieve a detection rate that far surpasses what you get with a single engine solution. This removes spam, phishing emails, and malware. Those emails go straight to a user’s Junk folder, making the experience worry-free. Further, partners can sell Intermedia Email Protection and our broad suite of other services under their own brand.
Find out more about Intermedia Email Protection, and our full suite of security and backup solutions on the website. Or contact us at 800-379-7729 to learn more.