Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About The Role:
Are you seeking an impactful role in an innovative company that is growing in a rapidly expanding market category? Intermedia can offer just the challenge you are looking for. We are a 1,000+employee Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS)/Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) and business cloud applications provider that serves over a million end users with communication and data applications. We serve the SMB marketplace with full featured products that are backed by a 99.999% uptime service level agreement and J.D. Power certified technical support. What’s more, our product roadmap offers even more game-changing innovations than what got us to our strong position today.
You will manage the end-to-end processing of commissions and sales incentive payment calculations for all commissionable positions as well as Partner (3rd Party Vendor) commissions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will work to ensure timely and accurate completion of general ledger closings to meet accounting calendar deadlines. You will also collaborate with finance, HR, and sales/channel leadership to ensure operational alignment and will lead and mentor the Commission Analysts on the team.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with excellent analytical and communication skills, and will be comfortable taking initiative to solve problems and help drive greater efficiency and process automation.
What you will be doing:
- Oversee and manage day to day operations of our sales and channel partner compensation, ensuring payments are accurate/timely and paid in accordance with plan provisions
- Lead the month-end Commission close by reviewing accruals, account reconciliations, journal entries, and conducting fluctuation analyses
- Mentor and lead a team across multiple locations to accomplish tasks accurately and within specified deadlines
- Develop sales and partner commission processes for new products and business activities
- Respond to commissions related inquiries in a timely, diplomatic and professional manner
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with department leaders and business partners to create open channels of communication
- Implement quality assurance measures to prevent and detect potential errors
- Support audit requirements by providing audit schedules, evidence, and process overview
- Strengthen, document, and maintain commission policies, procedures, and controls
- Ensure that commission policies, procedures, and controls are consistently enforced
- Activity participate in department wide initiatives and special projects
What you will bring to the role:
- 6+ years’ experience in accounting (prior commission experience preferred) including prior managerial or supervisory experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with Xactly, or equivalent commission application is preferred
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills (e.g. complex formula & VLOOKUP experience) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data
- Knowledge of ASC 340-40 (IFRS 15), Contracts with Customers, and capitalized commissions is a plus
- Knowledge of US GAAP as well as SOX requirements, IFRS knowledge a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with period-end close process, reporting in financial statements, and interfacing with external auditors
- Experience managing projects and coordinating cross-functional efforts
- Knowledge of ERP system functionality; Oracle Financials/NetSuite knowledge is a plus
- Self-starter who takes ownership and accountability
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.