Come Join Intermedia’s Cloud Academy Summer Internship Program!
Are you looking for a summer internship with a company where you can genuinely learn and grow? Where you can DO MEANINGFUL WORK and GAIN THE REAL-WORLD SKILLS that can help you START YOUR CAREER? At Intermedia, we believe in a CULTURE OF GROWTH, MENTORSHIP AND COLLABORATION within our Cloud Academy Internship Program and strive to bring on the best and brightest talent from a variety of colleges, universities and educational programs. The Cloud Academy Program is also a great way to transition into full-time roles within the organization.
We are currently seeking students for our 2021 Cloud Academy Internship Program in a variety of roles such as, Development and Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, Product and Finance. 30% of our interns are hired into full-time positions with Intermedia. If you are a graduating student, this is a fantastic opportunity to find your path forward!
From day one, you will be working alongside other talented interns, you’ll partner with peers and work closely with leaders as you grow in your role. You’ll have the opportunity to dive deep into a variety of different projects and gain exposure to the innerworkings of the business. We also offer robust sessions with cross functional leaders, HR and Marketing designed to help you grow your personal branding, create an elevator pitch and even design your resume. Our interns get to know all levels within Intermedia and even interact with our down to earth and supportive senior leadership team!
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
About the role:
We are looking to bring on a Security intern for a 10-week engagement starting June 14, 2021. The Security intern will get hands-on experience in vulnerability analysis, bringing in large streams of data for manual and automated threat hunting, tool deployment and patch management. You’ll have a chance to understand how we can be attacked and learn what we to protect and defend from security threats.
This role is based in the United States – Remote.
What you will be doing:
- Conduct vulnerability scans at the operating system, network and application levels on our internal and external systems
- Maintain existing integrations between various tools and our Vulnerability Management system
- Report vulnerability metrics and share improvement recommendations
- You will work within Confluence, Jira and our ticketing system to track issues related to cyber security and compliance
- Provide first-level compliance monitoring and investigations, assist with fact gathering and forensics when needed. You will identify, track, and resolve incidents by working closely with entire IT Team.
- You will be trained on our security monitoring platform so that you can identify IOCs and track and resolve incidents.
- You will be trained on our Vulnerability scanning software platform so that you can identify vulnerabilities, analyze their severity within our environment and provide reporting to the team.
- Scripting for operational security
- Vulnerability analysis/assessments
- Threat detection
What you will bring to the role:
- In a program leading to a Bachelor’s degree in a major related to IT Security; expecting to earn a degree by Summer of 2022
- 1-2 years of related experience eg, school projects, other internships or outside work experience
- Fundamental Information Security knowledge
- General understanding of systems and networking fundamentals
- Experience with Microsoft Technologies and different Linux Operating Systems
- Understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- Positive, hard-working, self-starter mentality/personality with an attacker/hacker mindset for breaking things
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and speaking and relationship building skills
What you will obtain:
- Real-world experience of security training experience using the following tools: Splunk, PowerBI, Qualys.
- Understanding of Intermedia’s cloud communications technologies and services and protecting the data of a million customers
- Possibility to get offered a full-time position at the end of the internship
- Bug bounty experience
- Python and/or PowerShell
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.