Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About The Role:
In this newly defined role as out Technical Support Engineer, you will assist customers and act as an escalation point for high priority support issues. You will take on the escalated, more difficult troubleshooting situations and follow the ticket through to the final stage to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the entire process and ensure a Worry-Free Experience at every turn.
Technical Support Engineers provide front line, direct support to a designated customer segment and works closely with carrier partners to help ensure proper functioning of Intermedia products and service. Engineers also support team members through escalation, resolution, and training.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain Case Ownership Model and ensure resolution or escalation of issues within set SLA
- Must obtain and remain current on defined certifications for role and assigned queues
- Answer phone calls, respond to emails and respond to internal escalations as defined in workflow escalation and queue processes
- Work closely with customers and partners to troubleshoot and resolve challenging issues
- Diagnose and fix problems encountered with Intermedia products or escalate to appropriate internal or external parties
- Document, investigate and resolve problems reported by other customer-facing departments
- Maintain and improve Technical Support policies, procedures and knowledge bases
- Actively pass knowledge to co-workers at every opportunity
- Interface with vendors to acquire knowledge and troubleshoot problems
- Work as defined (in advance) by Support management on specific projects with system engineers and developers when troubleshooting problems and implementing fixes and workarounds
- Prepare outage and incident reports for the Intermedia production and back office systems
- Monitor production systems
- This role may require overtime as needed to maintain desirable queue levels and the Worry-Free Experience™ for customers
- This role may require need off-hours and on-call support on a rotational basis
- Work remotely via company VPN, without interruption to customer experience, as needed
What you will bring to the role:
- College Degree and a minimum 3 years of experience in a technical support environment preferably in a Contact Center
- Demonstrated ability to assess impacts to customer experience and make improvements that result in an overall positive customer experience as measured through CSAT, NPS and other Customer Feedback Channels
- Demonstrated ability to understand competing priorities and demonstrated ability to make educated decisions and display a sense of urgency when assisting customers
- Knowledge of Windows OS and basic PC troubleshooting strongly desired
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and customers
- Must enjoy taking on challenging problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to flow chart and clearly define diagnostic steps in creating a working troubleshooting guide
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.