Come Join Intermedia’s Cloud Academy Summer Internship Program
Are you looking for a summer internship with a company where you can genuinely learn and grow? Where you can DO MEANINGFUL WORK and GAIN THE REAL-WORLD SKILLS that can help you START YOUR CAREER? At Intermedia, we believe in a CULTURE OF GROWTH, MENTORSHIP AND COLLABORATION within our Cloud Academy Internship Program and strive to bring on the best and brightest talent from a variety of colleges, universities and educational programs. The Cloud Academy Program is also a great way to transition into full-time roles within the organization.
We are currently seeking an MBA student for our 2021 Cloud Academy Internship Program within our Business Development group. 30% of our interns are hired into full-time positions with Intermedia. This is a fantastic opportunity to find your path forward!
From day one, you will be working alongside other talented interns, you’ll partner with peers and work closely with leaders as you grow in your role. You’ll have the opportunity to dive deep into a variety of different projects and gain exposure to the innerworkings of the business. We also offer robust sessions with cross functional leaders, HR and Marketing designed to help you grow your personal branding, create an elevator pitch and even design your resume. Our interns get to know all levels within Intermedia and even interact with our down to earth and supportive senior leadership team!
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
We are looking to bring on a summer Business Development intern for a 3-month engagement. The Business Development intern will get exposure to supporting senior leadership on business and corporate development initiatives, including competitive intelligence research on cloud communication and collaboration providers, recommending, and profiling potential strategic partnerships and helping to get discussions going.
This role is based in the United States – Remote location.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in identifying and developing business development opportunities and strategic alliances with potential target companies
- Work with Bus Dev leaders to qualify, scope and establish new strategic partnerships that will drive revenue
- Draft business cases explaining the scope and rationale for potential partnerships
- Assist the VP of Corporate Development
- Write up results of analysis and prepare presentations, as needed
- Learn how to create product management presentations and pricing strategies using a combination of data analytics and market intelligence
- Learn how to use critical tools/applications to execute deliverables: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and PowerBI
What you will bring to the role:
- Current MBA student or recent MBA graduate
- 1-2 years of related experience eg, school projects, other internships or outside work experience
- Desire to learn about cutting edge cloud communications technologies and solutions
- Excellent communication skills in both writing and speaking and relationship building skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive and hardworking personality
- Pro-active personality to prospect and set-up introductory calls and meetings to identify business opportunities
- Be good at navigating interpersonal relationships, and be able to identify and handle sensitive issues
What you will obtain:
- Real-world experience of corporate and business development, while also getting exposure to the lifecycle of establishing strategic partnerships in the technology industry
- Understanding of Intermedia’s cloud communications technologies and services
- Possibility to get offered a full-time position at the end of the internship
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.