Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About The Role:
The Director SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will lead the Company’s SEC reporting and Technical Accounting functions and works cross-functionally across the Company on SEC reporting and technical accounting matters. The successful candidate also plans and helps drive the quarterly drafting and review cycle including the quarterly meetings with leaders of the business functions. The role is a key member of the CFO organization and will collaborate with department leaders on the SEC reporting processes and regulate the flow of information and supporting documentation required for accurate and timely reporting of required filings and disclosures and understand the Company’s products, services and the required regulatory reporting requirements and disclosures.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the planning, coordination and preparation of the Company’s SEC filings (10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.) across all functions and affected teams including but not limited to legal, marketing and finance, etc.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the monthly and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting process and resulting financial statements
- Support and review annual proxy and other SEC files ensuring accuracy of applicable financial information
- Support FP&A and Investor Relations with investor deliverables such as earnings releases, investor Q&A and other presentations
- Participate in the annual audit and quarterly review process with external auditors, the accounting team, and finance
- Support the equity accounting function related to share-based compensation, EPS and forecasting process related to same
- Support the finance and accounting team with timely and insightful research, documentation and guidance on technical accounting matters, including complex and non-standard transactions such as revenue recognition, derivatives, equity and debt offerings, adoption of new standards, and general corporate accounting matters
- Assist with the development of financial policies regarding operational changes, internal control requirements, and technical accounting requirements
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
What you will bring to the role:
- Exhibit the highest ethical standards while demonstrating accountability and ownership
- 8 - 10 years of “Big 4” experience or the equivalent public company experience with comprehensive hands-on working expertise of U.S. GAAP, Technical Accounting and SEC reporting
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Certified Public Accountant and Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (accounting preferred)
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Experience with SEC reporting tools and XBRL preferred, but not required
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.