Are you looking for a company where YOUR VOICE is heard? Where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do you THRIVE in a FAST-PACED work environment? Do you wake every morning EXCITED to work with GREAT PEOPLE and create SUCCESS TOGETHER? Then Intermedia is the place for you.
Intermedia has established itself as a leading provider of cloud communications and collaboration tech that allows companies to connect better. We have a strong track record of growth, profitability, and creating an environment where everyone matters. Everyone. While we are fast-paced and admittedly a bit intense, we promise that you won’t be bored. You will find Intermedia is a place where you can indulge your passion for creating and supporting great cloud technology. What’s more, we always look to promote from within and have many employees who have been with us 10, 15, and 20+ years!
Culture at Intermedia is built on teamwork and transparency. We hold each other accountable and always have each other’s back!
Are you ready to make your mark?
About the role:
Are you looking for a place where you can be a part of building exciting products for millions of users? If so, we are looking for a Sr DevOps Engineer to support our local and remote teams of smart, cool, funny and delightful engineers. Is that you? Then read on…
Intermedia is comprised of extraordinary individuals who collaborate together, support each other, and take ownership of results. We succeed because we align our goals with each other, our partners, our customers, and even our customer's customers. As a Sr. DevOps Engineer for our award-winning AnyMeeting product, you’ll be interfacing with an awesome team, and identifying where we need to focus, what’s working well, and what needs to be changed. Utilizing the latest concepts, techniques, and technologies, you will help further position Intermedia in the forefront of our market.
What you will be doing:
- Support for development and production environments
- Creation, monitoring, and reporting of application metrics to ensure optimum service availability and uptime
- Automation of development, testing and release processes
- Create process and technical documentation as needed
- Collaborate and track various projects and their progression
- Assist in setting priorities and direction for your team
- Close collaboration with QA and Development teams
- Identify and troubleshoot performance and stability issues in a variety of systems; dive deep into logs, back traces and other forensic evidence, as part of root cause analysis
- Work with Development to influence design, development, and deployment for reliability and scalability
- Support and improvement of CI / CD
- Mentoring junior members of the team
What you will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience; at least 7+ years of previous experience administering complex and distributed Linux / Windows environments.
- Experience configuring and supporting distributed web applications and services
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure optimized for high scalability and availability
- Ability to suggest and implement new approaches and solutions from scratch
- Experience administering Linux / Windows with at least 2 years DevOps experience
- Experience in writing scripts (Python, Perl, Bash, PowerShell, etc.) for automation tasks
- Deep understanding of TCP, UDP, SSL/TLS protocols
- Experience in configuring and using logging solutions (ElasticSearch / Graylog)
- Experience with CI / CD systems (Jenkins) and configuration management (Ansible, Chef)
- Good understanding of Linux OS (networking, filesystems, system tools)
- Experience in version control and bug tracking systems (Git, Jira)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a willingness to learn new technologies and processes
- Experience with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL but preferably both
- Familiarity with VOIP (Asterisk, OpenSIPS, Kamalio, FreeSWITCH)
- Experience in designing and maintaining highly available systems leveraging solutions such as clustering and load balanced server farms
- Experience with managing server infrastructure in AWS, Azure, GCP
- Docker / Kubernetes configuration and support experience
- Ability to be adaptable and comfortable with reprioritizing current workload at a moment’s notice
- Knowledge of SIP/RTP/WebRTC a major plus
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equal Opportunity
We hire, promote, and compensate employees based on their ability to perform their job responsibilities, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable law (collectively referred to in our Code of Conduct as “Protected Classes”). We do not tolerate employment discrimination in the workplace, and we are committed to making reasonable accommodations for identified disabilities or other limitations as required by all applicable laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.